– nouns, must avoid acronyms and abbreviations
– capitalized, Camel case
– lowercase, Camel case
– short and meaningful (intent of its use)
– should not start with _ or $
– one-character names should be used for temporary variables
– all uppercase, words separated by _
There are various constants used in predefined classes like Float, Long, String etc.
– prefix of a unique package name should be one of the top-level domain names, like com, edu, gov, mil, net, org (all-lowercase ASCII letters)
– components of the package name follow organization’s internal naming conventions
Last update 13.13.2018.
For possible mistakes in content or typos, I apologise and kindly ask you to report here.